Wednesday, March 4, 2009

HAHAHA, so I've bobbled back and forth btween relaxing or naturally being me...so I decided that I'll return to my natural state - hairwise guys....make-up is for life - lol. So here's a pic of my first go round with Au Naturallll, in 2006.

While on a trip to the Dominican Republic, I had an epiphany...

Photobucket

upon return, I removed my cornrows and just rocked my hair wavey...it reminded me of how wavey my hair was. From that point, I continued to wash and condition allowing my "wavey" style to flurish. Plenty of time passed and the thought of a touch-up never passed through my mind, I absolutely loved the new look.

Natural Curls

Photobucket

Photobucket

Curls, Bowling

Coloring before I knew ANYTHING about Henna...straight Dye!!

Natural, Coloring


My natural hair straightened out (after a year or so)

Natural Tress, Straight

Photobucket


After about a year and a half I wanted to get a short cut...well, it was suggested that I get a relaxer, as my curls were WAY TOO TIGHT for a short cut, I'd look as if I had a drip drip jeri curl...........haha, so I went with it.

Right before the cut - literally minutes before...

Photobucket

Naturally rockin straight

First couple of months, LOVED IT...up to this point. My hair has grown back marevelously, however, the older I get the more I notice how thinned out my hair is becoming. NOW is the time to deal with my regrets (relaxing my hair) and allowing ME to be FREE of all the chemicals put into my hair.

Me ready to be DONE with this short/straight hair already...

me tired of the cut

So now, Im growing out the perm and working on the new growth. I am determined to deal with the "pain" and withstand the ease of relaxing the head...

Any tips, thoughts, encouragement is more than welcomed. Right now Im just deep conditioning and roller setting. I am reading up on various blogs (thanks CurlyNikki and her juvenescent elixir) and the many others that I stalk.

Let's see where this journey leads me this go round!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment